Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hospitals and Socializing

It was a busy week of primarily socializing, but I need to add a few updates here. Craig and I had our hospital pre-admission appointment early in the week. I've discovered I really hate hospitals and thankfully, I've never had to spend the night at one. I realize that is about to change and I think that's why as soon as we entered the building my hands were sweaty and I became nervous. I really hope I'll be overwhelmed with excitement when we actually go to have the babies. The appointment went well, with a nurse asking us an abundance of questions, including some that surprised me. They asked about our birthing plan, what kind of medication I want during and after having the babies, if I was going to nurse them, etc. We also got a "tour" after our appointment, although, we both got the impression the nurse was in a hurry. It was a super fast, "here's the recovery room", "here's the overnight rooms" with very little time for us to actually look in the rooms.

I also had another massage appointment. They seem to be helping relieve some of my back pain, as well as hip pain while sleeping. She is giving me plenty of tips on ways to make my last pregnant weeks as comfortable as possible.

Like I said, I've been socializing as well. Last week I met a good friend for pedicures (no longer a luxury, now a necessity) and lunch. I also had dinner with a group of ladies I'm thinking about joining called Stroller Strides. They are a group of moms that have a three-day a week exercise program, as well as play dates and Moms Nights Out. It sounds like a good way for me to tone up my body and also a great social network. I enjoyed having dinner with them, as they are all around the same age as me and lots of fun to be around!

This week I have loads of appointments, so I will be blogging again soon...

2 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Woo hoo, getting closer! When Dan and I went in for our pre-hospital check-in, we randomly walked into a high-tension police situation. They came flying out of the hospital shooting tazers at some guy. When only feet away, Dan threw me to the ground and laid on top of me to keep me safe. So scary! Then, along with a check-in, I had to get checked for contractions with all the excitement and throwing to the ground action!!!! Glad yours was uneventful!

Kelly said...

Sounds like lots of fun prep. appointments!!