Monday, July 13, 2009

Ultrasound #1


Welcome to our new blog!

We decided it would be easier to keep everyone informed of the happenings of my pregnancy through this format. First of all I'd like to express my shock at actually being pregnant! It's so hard to believe that after 2 1/2 years of dealing with infertility, a failed round of IVF and tons of doctor visits, we can finally dream of our little one!

We had our first ultrasound appointment today. It was dissapointing because we still don't know how many babies are in there (1 or 2) and the baby(ies) are so small we couldn't see much. However, it was reassuring to know I'm still pregnant. I also had a blood draw while I was at the office. They were checking my hcg (produced by the body only during pregnancy) and hormone levels (estrogen and progestrone). All my levels were great. My hcg number was almost 5,000. On July 2 it was 85, on the 4th it was 213 and now it's almost 5,000. All these numbers mean is that the baby(ies) are developing well so far.

We also found out today that I'm 5 weeks 3 days pregnant and our due date is March 10, 2010!! It's fun to have a date to circle on the calendar.

Our next appointment is next Monday and we will continue to have weekly appointments for several weeks until our RE (reproductive endocrinologist) releases us to an OB.

As far as pregnancy symptoms go, I've been super, duper tired!!!! I'm also pretty bloated and have extremely sore breasts. I had to purchase sports bras this weekend to wear to bed in order to make things with my "girls" a bit more comfy. It was a lifesaver last night! I don't want any of you to think I'm complaining about these symptoms. They are very welcome!









7 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Hooray hooray hooray! I can't wait for you to update this all the time! I will check it constantly! Measure that prebaby belly...if there are 2 babies it's fun to see the changes! Get some rest!

Karri said...

I can't begin to explain how I feel abt all this.. it compares to my joy the moment you were born, my Bean girl... I'm very, very happy - for you both and actually, for all of us.
You two will be the best parents ever!!

Nicole said...

Amber, that's a great idea! Thanks.

Mom, I appreciate your kind words. We are excited to make you a grandma again!! :)

Kelly said...

I think I shall compose a concise representation of our feelings: "waHOOOO!!!" Yes, that rather does the trick! I'm so excited for you both, and I can't wait to follow along on your blog!

Domrese Family Blog said...

Is it Monday yet? :)

Nicole said...

Haha...no kidding Amber. I've never looked forward to Mondays like I will for the next few weeks. :)

kdztucker said...

Yippeeeeee!!!! This child(ren) is going to be soooo spoiled! Say hello to crazy Aunt Katie! Love you guys so much :).