Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finally...we have results!!

After 4 long weeks of waiting, we have the genetic test results from the tissue of the baby. The pregnancy was "normal" meaning there were no chromosome or genetic problems. This means that it is very unlikely to reoccur. All of this news, plus 5.5 weeks of processing the miscarriage has left us feeling pretty optimistic for the next round. Don't get me wrong, I still have tough days. It doesn't help that I work with primarily women between the ages of 25 and 32 who love to share their pregnancy and birthing stories on a regular basis. However, I think it has helped me have some amount of faith that we could be sharing our story someday.

We will meet with our RE on September 28 ( only 2 more weeks) and he will give us more specifics on the genetic testing, as well as discuss our next step.

More later...

2 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

I've been checking and checking and checking. So glad you got your results back. It's just a little piece of mind for what comes next. Can't wait for you to get started again.

Kelly said...

Finally you have an answer! I'm so glad to hear that it is unlikely to happen again. And since you went ahead and had this testing done, you'll have that peace of mind for this next round--whew!