Monday, August 17, 2009

Waiting...

I am not a patient person and waiting for the results from our genetic testing seems like it's taking forever!! We still have a 1-2 week wait too! Ugh.

For the most part, things have been getting better emotionally for me this week. However, I've now moved on to the stage where I'm bitter/angry about anything baby related. I don't want to hear about babies, or talk about how cute someone's baby is. I don't want to see another pregnant person, etc. I've had this happen before, so don't be alarmed. It's normal. I will be fine. No one needs to send help.

Today was my appointment for my 1st beta blood draw. I was able to go to a lab in Coeur d'Alene, which was obviously more convenient than driving to Spokane. The beta test is to detect levels of HCG (only present during pregnancy). My level has dropped significantly and is down to 1,000 (from 50,000). I will continue to have blood draws every 10 days until the level is back to 0.

I scheduled our follow-up appointment with our RE where we will discuss our next step. It is September 28. Another thing to wait for, but it will be worth the wait. He will get us excited about IVF again and make us feel hopeful again.

3 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Yes, he will get you excited again. It's such an emotional roller coaster. I'm sorry. The good and the bad of all of it are so intertwined.

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to hear how the follow-up goes. I know after that appointment I always felt really hopeful. He knows what he's doing :-)

Nicole said...

Thanks ladies! I know you both have first hand experience with all the craziness of IVF, so I appreciate your words of support!