We have now been home for almost a week. My mom was here during the week helping me out while Craig worked. She went home on Friday afternoon and will return tomorrow to help again this week. The following week my dad will come to help out. I think after 3 straight weeks of help, I will be able to handle things during the day on my own. The night time feedings are getting better, although it's always a challenge when both babies are crying at the same time. We've tried to stagger their feedings so that they aren't both ready to eat at the exact same time. We are still feeding them similarly to how we did when we left the hospital. I let them nurse for 15-20 minutes then give them each an ounce of pumped milk or formula to supplement. Hopefully soon they will be ready to just nurse so that I can stop hooking myself up to the torture device also known as the breast pump!
When they were released from the hospital Mallory weighed 4lbs 4oz and Emerson weighed 4lbs 8oz. They had an appointment with their pediatrician last Wednesday (two days after release) and she was 4lbs 6oz and he was 4lbs 9.5oz. With such small babies, our ultimate goal is continued weight gain, so we are happy they are both doing so well! They have another appointment this week, so I will update with their new weights at that time. I am also meeting with a lactation consultant this week to see if the babies are strong enough to just nurse yet.
As for me, my incision is healing really well. I feel pretty good and can even wear my non-maternity shirts! The pants may take awhile longer...baby steps. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment