It's been a long, tough week since we found out about our miscarriage. We have been overwhelmed with support and love from our family and friends, and for that we are extremely thankful. Each day is a little easier and in time we will be ready to try another round of IVF. Right now the shots and time commitment are the easy things to accept. It's the emotional roller coaster that seems like too much to handle.
Yesterday we went to Deaconess Hospital in Spokane for the D&C. We were very well taken care of from the moment we arrived. All the nurses were very attentive and the anesthesiologists listened when I told them I tend to get sick from anesthesia. Our RE performed the surgery and spent some time talking to us prior to the surgery to make sure we were doing okay and that all our questions were answered. He isn't always the friendliest doctor, but we have seen a different side of him that is kind and caring. After surgery I was in quite a bit of pain (primarily cramping). The nurses quickly gave me some toast and water so I could have a pain killer. I have a sensitive stomach and have had problems with several pain medications in the past. This time I was given a Percocet and my goodness, it was AWESOME! I understand how people become addicted to them. It took care of the pain quickly! Unfortunately, our RE only wanted me to have one of those and then asked me to switch to Advil or Aleve. So far, I've been able to keep the cramps under control. Today they are very slight twinges, so I'm on the road to recovery.
Craig was the best nurse yesterday and waited on me, cooked for me and helped keep me comfortable. What an amazing husband I have!
We have been told I need to have two regular menstrual cycles before we try another round of IVF. It looks like we will be doing another round in November, at the earliest. Until then, we will enjoy the break from baby making and continue to heal from this miscarriage.
We paid for genetic testing and should get the results from that in 2-3 weeks. I will keep everyone posted.
Thank you to everyone for your continued support and prayers! Craig and I are so very thankful!!
Yesterday we went to Deaconess Hospital in Spokane for the D&C. We were very well taken care of from the moment we arrived. All the nurses were very attentive and the anesthesiologists listened when I told them I tend to get sick from anesthesia. Our RE performed the surgery and spent some time talking to us prior to the surgery to make sure we were doing okay and that all our questions were answered. He isn't always the friendliest doctor, but we have seen a different side of him that is kind and caring. After surgery I was in quite a bit of pain (primarily cramping). The nurses quickly gave me some toast and water so I could have a pain killer. I have a sensitive stomach and have had problems with several pain medications in the past. This time I was given a Percocet and my goodness, it was AWESOME! I understand how people become addicted to them. It took care of the pain quickly! Unfortunately, our RE only wanted me to have one of those and then asked me to switch to Advil or Aleve. So far, I've been able to keep the cramps under control. Today they are very slight twinges, so I'm on the road to recovery.
Craig was the best nurse yesterday and waited on me, cooked for me and helped keep me comfortable. What an amazing husband I have!
We have been told I need to have two regular menstrual cycles before we try another round of IVF. It looks like we will be doing another round in November, at the earliest. Until then, we will enjoy the break from baby making and continue to heal from this miscarriage.
We paid for genetic testing and should get the results from that in 2-3 weeks. I will keep everyone posted.
Thank you to everyone for your continued support and prayers! Craig and I are so very thankful!!
1 comment:
I've also seen the caring, kind side after our first loss. Isn't amazing after you see the technical side? It shows you he really cares and you get the feeling he kind of understands. I wish you well on your recovery and will be thinking of you. November isn't too far away, especially since it means shots/drugs starting possibly in October! Good luck dear friend.
Post a Comment