Thursday, January 21, 2010

13 week ultrasound

We had a really good time at our ultrasound today! It was an hour long look at our little ones and every body part! The main test that was being run was a pre-cursor test for Downs Syndrome andTrisomy 18 (another birth defect). The ultrasound tech measured the amount of space behind the neck of each baby and also pricked my finger for 6 small blood samples, both of which are being sent to a processing lab. Apparently with those two pieces of information they will be able to tell if either one of the babies has early signs of either disability. Throughout the ultrasound, MANY pictures were taken....she gave us four to bring home to share with you. :) The first one is Baby A and the second is Baby B.

Here are each babies stats (this is the best I can remember):

Baby A is lying up and down with feet down. It's heartbeat is 158 and head to rump measurements are 72mm.

Baby B is lying side to side somewhat. It's hearbeat is 152 and head to rump measurements are 67mm.

They were both moving around a lot and it was fun to watch them float around. :)

I've started taking belly measurements, and although I won't make those numbers public, my belly has definitely grown! I would say I definitely look pregnant now instead of just a little thick around the middle. I'm still feeling great and seem to have regained much of my lost energy from the first trimester.

Unfortunately, we don't have another ultrasound until early March, when we will find out the sexes. Seven long weeks without a look at our babies. I hope I don't go crazy waiting! haha










5 comments:

Kelly said...

Yea for baby portraits!! They're so cute! I love Baby B's little fingers! I can't believe how big they are already!!

Nicole said...

They are actually only 3 inches long, but they just zoom in so much that they look really big!

Jennifer said...

Wow! These are great pictures of your babies :-) Thanks for sharing them, it sounds like everything is going really great!

Liza Jane said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing pics of your wee ones - I'm so excited to hear what the sexes are. We have twins across the street who we love - they're a boy and a girl, so that's what I'm hoping for you. :)

kdztucker said...

Hello babies, you are BEAUTIFUL! I will be your crazy Auntie Katie :).