Life is full of change and obviously preparing for twins has been full of change for Craig and I. Yesterday I finally tackled the "bomb went off" room aka the nursery. All the things from my shower, plus many things given to us by friends were taking over all the floor space in the room. So, I began sorting through things and hanging up the little bitty clothes that our babies will soon be wearing. After several hours, that room is beginning to look like a nursery and the little clothes hanging in the closet have both of us excited about the huge change our lives are about to take.
Another big change as of Friday, is that everyone at my job has had their hours cut. I will now be working 32 hours a week instead of 40. While this isn't a big deal for us, it will impact my Aflac short term disability policy that I was planning to use for 8-12 weeks after the babies are born. My benefit amount will now be based on 32 hours/week instead of the 40 hours I've been working for nearly 2 years. Like I said though, life is full of change and I will adjust and make the best of this as well. My tenative plan, as long as everything continues to go well with the pregnancy, is to be done working May 31. I will be 32 weeks along then and I think that's a good time to take some time off to rest, finish last minute projects and enjoy some time to myself before I'm a full-time mommy!
We have another ultrasound this Wednesday. I will post pictures if we get some good ones! I'm interested to see if Cherry's position has changed. He moves around constantly and I keep feeling his head or butt pressed up against the sides of my belly. He was up and down last time we had an ultrasound, so I'm thinking he is now side to side.
No comments:
Post a Comment