Tuesday, May 18, 2010

30 week ultrasound

Yesterday's ultrasound went really well! The babies are doing great, have plenty of amniotic fluid around them and both placentas are healthy and doing their job. They are starting to get more fat on them, so they have little cheeks now...so cute! Our little girl is still hanging out low....really low now. She is just under my pubic bone and very deep towards by back. Maybe that's why it hurts all the time. Haha Her estimated weight is 3lbs 2oz. Our little guy is still transverse (horizontal) and very high (just under my ribs). He was being a bit shy and didn't want to show his face. In fact, his arm and hand were in front of his face most of the time. His estimated weight is 3lbs 3oz. As we get into the 3rd trimester and our baby boy is still transerve, we are looking at a very likely c-section situation. We still have a few weeks for him to decide to go head first, but for now we are getting ourselves used to the idea of a c-section.

After my ultrasound, the tech found a nurse who took my blood pressure and tested my protein levels in my urine. Both came back normal!!!! So, for now the preeclampsia is under control. They still want me to take it easy, but I'm allowed to do things as well. I can't explain how much relief and freedom I felt from hearing that news! Huge fist pumps for good blood pressure. :)

I have a check up tomorrow and will have Craig take a new belly picture tonight. Stay tuned for another update soon.

The first video below is our little girl. It looks like her eyes are opening and closing, but they weren't...it's just the way the 3D ultrasound made it look. Her video is a full face shot, with her hand by the right side of her face.

The second video is our little guy. His is a profile video and he's on the left side. Like I said, he's kind of hiding behind his arm and hand so you have to look carefully.



5 comments:

Karri said...

so beautiful! crying now... (-: -Nana

Katie W. said...

Awww! I've been waiting for these all day :). Look at your angels! I LOVE THEM!

Jennifer said...

Awesome. Wonderful. Gorgeous. I have watched these videos over and over...I can't wait to meet them in person!

ctdigthis said...

wow. it looks cramped in there! but i bet they are nice and comfy.

Kelly said...

Awwww, home videos! They're so sweet!