Wednesday, May 5, 2010

3rd Trimester!!!!!



I'm 7 months pregnant now and officially in the 3rd trimester! I know I keep saying it, but it's hard to believe we're in the home stretch...it's gone so quickly! It's crazy to think that in a maximum of 10 weeks we will be parents of not one, but two babies. Wow.

I had an appointment today and my doctor was surprised I wasn't experiencing any Braxton Hicks contractions yet, but she was glad I wasn't. I gained another 3 lbs in the last two weeks and I'm still measuring 7 weeks ahead...so I'm the same size as a mom carrying one baby at 35 weeks!! My blood pressure was normal, which becomes a big concern as we approach the end of the pregnancy because preeclampsia is more common with multiples and high blood pressure is one of the first symptoms.

My doctor also agreed to help me try to get some Aflac benefits during the time before I have the babies, which is great news. Now I don't have to go all that time without pay. Well, if it gets approved by Aflac.

I have some great "from the mouths of babes" one liners to share...have I ever mentioned how much I love working with kids?! A three-year old at school told me the other day that when our babies are born they're going to say, "Wah, we want to go back in your tummy". :) Another child (6 years old) who has autism, was staring
intently at my belly a few days ago. After some time, he said, "Why you not have a kaleidoscope on the outside so we can always see what they're doing?". Um, good question...but a kaleidoscope? Hmmmm....

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

speaking of kidisms...I had your blog open and Connor saw it and said "Hey! That jelly bean lady has babies in her tummy". Funny that he still refers to you as the Jelly Bean lady and funny that he thinks all pregos have 2 babies in their tummies :-)

Nicole said...

How funny!! What a kid..I love him!