We have been busy getting everything ready for the nursery. It's been a lot of fun as my mom, my dad, Craig and I have each had a hand in preparing it. A few weeks ago my dad and Craig put the cribs together, followed by the bedding arriving for me to make up the cribs. This weekend my mom and I did some elephant murals on the walls to add some decoration. Next week our dresser/changing table arrives, which will be one of the final touches to the room.
I talked to my boss last week and informed her that I'd like to be done working on May 28. There have been some budget cuts at the state level (my job is funded through Medicaid) so she asked if I could be done on May 14 instead. They are going to have to temporarily layoff two people, and I figure it's only fair that one of them is me because I will be on maternity leave during that time anyway. So, long story short, my last day will be May 14. There are several projects I'd like to get done around the house as well as some last minute things to do, so it should be fine. I will be almost 30 weeks along by then.
I had a funny/embarrassing moment recently. A few nights ago, Craig and I went out to eat. The waitress showed us to our booth and I had an uh oh moment when I tried to slide into my seat. "Excuse me, I think we're going to have to move to a table." Pure embarrassment.
I'm continuing to feel pretty good. I sleep well at night, other than having to get up 3-4 times to go to the bathroom. I always get right back to sleep though. My only issue has been my back. It continues to hurt. I've tried many things to make it feel better, but they are all temporary. I think it might be time to schedule another massage appointment. I really am very thankful that everything has gone so smoothly and that I'm still feeling so good!! :)
1 comment:
hee hee! That booth thing happened to me too...gotta love the belly. BTW, LOVE your nursery - it's just abou the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Post a Comment