Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cruising Along




32 weeks pregnant. 8 months. It's hard to believe everything has gone so well so far. I haven't updated the blog because I really didn't have much to report. I'm enjoying being done with work now so I can relax when I need to. It's also been good to get a few things done around the house, but primarily, I read and watch TV. I've been asked repeatedly if I'm bored. NO WAY!! I'm not crazy...I know what's coming. We are going to be so busy in a few weeks that I cannot complain about some down time.

I had an appointment today with our OB. She was so happy with my good health and told me several times how well I'm doing getting to 32 weeks without any issues. My blood pressure was normal again, as were the proteins in my urine. She believes the preeclampsia was a false alarm and that something else was temporarily elevating my blood pressure (stress, anxiety, etc.). I am now measuring at full-term...well, full-term if I was having one baby. No wonder I'm so uncomfortable now!! It seems like it's impossible for me to get comfortable sitting or standing for any length of time. I've also developed carpal tunnel, which is apparently somewhat common. Oh, all the things no one ever told me about pregnancy. :) I only have problems with it in the morning when I first wake up. My hands are stiff and achy, but it only lasts for an hour or so. The top of my belly is also pretty sore from the babies continuing to grow up towards my ribs. Ouch. My back continues to be sore, though I will continue to get regular massages until the babies are born because it seems to help.

In two weeks I will start non-stress tests twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. These will continue for the duration of the pregnancy. The purpose of the nonstress test is to evaluate the babies heartbeats and movements, as well as the frequency of contractions. External fetal monitors are hooked up to each baby. If the heart rate of one or both of the babies doesn't react to the movement or the baby doesn't move at all, the doctor worries about fetal distress.

We have nearly everything ready for the babies arrival now. We need to install the car seats and pack our bags, then we will be ready to go. We will probably do both of these in the next couple weeks so there won't be anything to worry about. Can't believe it's getting so close!! Some days I'm really done being pregnant and other days I want it to last awhile longer. I really love feeling them move around and I know I will miss that.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay for 8 months! You are doing so great and you look be-a-utiful!
As for the carpal tunnel, that's the pits! I have a wrist brace if you want to borrow it - it was presribed to me for carpal tunnel and I wore it at night. It really did help. Let me know! Can't wait to meet you for lunch.

Domrese Family Blog said...

Enjoy these last weeks. You are doing something truly amazing and while it's so hard to enjoy because you are so tired and working so hard to grow these babies, those miracles inside you are only there for a short period of time and then you never get that feeling back. Enjoy. Every. Moment. (Ok ok, enjoy the neat ones, dismiss the lame parts). :)