I realized as I was titling this that I never told you all what a great deal we got on our drugs this time!! I have Jen to thank for that because she gave me some of her leftover, unused meds. I also had a vial of very expensive medicine left from our last round, so our total was just under $1500.00. I know that doesn't seem like a good deal, but IVF drugs are expensive!
Anyway, back to today...
It was a dark and foggy drive to Spokane this morning. It was a bit eerie, but I guess that's what we get for living in an area with so many bodies of water. I arrived a bit early, buzzed the office (have to buzz in on the weekends), and I was the first one there. I went back for a quick blood draw and I was done.
My nurse called around 10:00 to report that my numbers are looking good and I will begin the stimulation phase tonight. I will kick it off with two injections (subcutaneous in my tummy) each night at 7pm, until Wednesday, when I will go back in for an ultrasound and blood work. I will work on pictures and/or a video of the injections so you can all feel like you're here with me.
I've been talking to my friend, Jen, a lot lately. She did her 3rd round of IVF at the same time I did my 2nd. She has validated my feelings of being very neutral this round. I'm neither excited, nor nervous, nor happy, nor anxious for this round. She says she was exactly the same way before her 3rd round. The good part of that is I feel very relaxed about this time because I know what to expect and there shouldn't be any surprises because we're following the same protocol. Thus, my body should react the same way. Somehow though, I feel like I should be excited or something. Oh well, it is what it is.
More after my appointment on Wednesday.
1 comment:
I'm glad you were able to get some relief on the med. costs this time--I'm sure little (or not so little) bit helps with large costs like that!
I'm eager to hear updates from today's appointment, and can't wait to see pics/video if you do decide to share :)
Post a Comment