Sunday, October 18, 2009

Very Small Cervix

Ouch! I had my hysteroscope on Friday morning and it hurt!! A hysteroscope involves my doctor attaching a tiny camera to the end of a long tube-like instrument, inserting it through my cervix (very small cervix) and into my uterus to take a look around. Apparently the immense pain I was feeling is due to the fact that I have an unsually small cervix. What does this mean? Nothing really. It's just the way I'm made. However, I been trying to focus on the positives with doing a 3rd round and here is my first one; how many woman get to see the inside of their uterus up-close and personal? I know, I know, many of you are asking why that would be a good thing. Hey, give me a break. I have to be creative to come up with positives. :) Honestly, it really was kind of interesting though, after I got over the pain. The best part is that my doctor didn't find any scar tissue or polyps from the D & C.

While I was there, they also did an ultrasound (internal type) and blood draw. They were checking my ovaries to see if they are adaquately "resting", and they are. Yay ovaries! (Can you tell how positive I am?) The blood draw was to test my LH level (surges just before ovulation), E2 (estrogen) level and my P4 (progesterone) level. All the levels are good. I will take my last birth control pill Tuesday night (20th). I should then have a light period. We are currently still on track to start injections (stimulation phase) next Sunday, the 25th.

I will write more on the 25th or 26th. Does anyone want to see pictures of me giving myself the injections? I was thinking about taking some this time, but wasn't sure if that was too much for my readers! Let me know what you think...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes, pictures please :-)

Kelly said...

OUCH! Your poor wee cervix! Did they at least give you a leather strap to bite down on?? ;) So, um, these pictures of injections would involve what part of the body?? Anyhoo, in an effort for your ovaries to continue relaxing, I recommend they rent a chick-flick this weekend.

<3

Nicole said...

No leather strap, but funny you'd mention that. I was really wishing I had someone's hand to squeeze! The injections I was going to photograph/videotape would be my tummy shots.

A chick flick sounds nice, but my ovaries are done relaxing. Time for a quick period now before I start my stimulation meds.