My appointment today was interesting. First off, when I arrived at 6:45 there were already 5 or 6 women in the waiting room. What? I thought the appointment was at 7:00 and I was early. Nope. And the waiting was looooong today! There ended up being about 30 women in the waiting room by 7:00. Wow! It must be a big series this time! I didn't end up leaving until 8:00. 1 hour and 15 minutes in the dr. office! Insane.
Sooo...when I went in for my ultrasound I asked my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) why he dropped my follistim so drastically. He said my estrogen level was pretty high and he wanted to get it down. AND, he also found a larger than normal egg in my ovary during the scan. He says that probably explains the high estrogen level. If you will rewind to our 1st round of IVF, you may recall that part of the reason he believes it failed was due to my low estrogen level. Huh? My body is definitely reacting differently this round. Hopefully different in a good way.
When my nurse called this afternoon to give me my instructions, she started out by apologizing because I have to go back in tomorrow for a 7am appointment. My RE wants to check me again. It was not a scheduled appointment, so that has me a bit worried. On the other hand, I'm glad they are closely monitoring me. They also changed my medications again tonight. I added another injection of a medication I took in both round 1 and 2. It is meant to keep me from ovulating before retrieval day. I also had to take more of another medicine I was already on. Three injections tonight...oh joy.
All in all, I'm feeling pretty well. I have slight twinges over my ovaries, but that's normal and to be expected. I've been going to bed early in an attempt to get 8 hours of sleep each night.
Please keep sending positive thoughts because we need them! I will ask more questions tomorrow for clarification and will keep you all updated.
1 comment:
I love that they monitor you so closely. At least it feels like they are doing everything to make it successful too! Gotta love that hormonal roller coaster.
Oh yeah, I always showed up to my appointment at 6:15 AM. They knew I'd be there early in an attempt to get everything done and off to work in time. Towards the end of the series it was a race and we started getting there closer to 5:45 because people were figuring out how early I was getting there! :) Good luck!
Post a Comment