Thursday, December 17, 2009

After 44 Days...

We are finally done with all our injections....forever! When I say 44 days, that only includes the progesterone, not the shots before that and not the 2 other rounds of IVF we've done. What a relief to be done!!!

Some of you may have noticed that I added a gadget (a picture of developing twins) on the right side of the blog. Thank you Jen for the idea. I really wanted the heading above them to say "Craig and Nicole's twins", but alas, the program wouldn't allow me to add such a long heading. So, they are just Nicole's twins. Have no fear though, Craig is planning to help me raise them! ;-)

I made my first OB appointment this week. It is scheduled for January 6, when I will be 11 weeks along. The doctor I wanted to use is retiring this summer and is no longer taking new patients. So I will be trying another doctor in his office (a female). I'm looking forward to meeting with her and seeing if she's right for me. The office opens early too, so I shouldn't have to miss any work for appointments, which is really nice.

Many people have been asking how I feel. I feel really great right now! Just like last week, I'm still pretty tired by the end of the day. I try to sneak in naps after work whenever I can. Unfortunately, preparations for Christmas have been interfering with that. I've also been waking up 1-2 times per night to go to the bathroom. I'm used to it now and can easily get back to sleep again. As far as cravings go, I haven't had any since the very beginning with the V8. I do however, have a few aversions. The biggest one is eggs. Yuck! Any form of eggs (unless in cookies, muffins, etc) gross me out. I've also been noticing that certain perfumes and scented lotions disgust me. Probably the most difficult one is that I cannot chew my regular flavor of gum. For some reason it just doesn't taste good to me at all. I'm a big gum chewer...some say I'm addicted, so this has been hard. I have found a flavor I can chew until I'm able to switch back to my regular flavor.

Craig and I are off and on having nervous feelings about our appointment on Monday. It's a big one since it's our last with our RE and like I said in the last blog, we didn't make it past this appointment last time. We are both a little worried that we will find out I've miscarried again. It's so hard not to think that way after going through such an awful experience.

I will update again on Monday night.....hopefully with good news about our babies!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yuck - eggs! I just recently have been able to start eating again. This must be a common aversion :-)