Sunday, December 6, 2009

Are you Pregnant?

It's been a long 9 days since our last appointment. We are very anxious to see what's going on with the babies tomorrow at our ultrasound. I realize the morning sickness could return, but for now I'm enjoying feeling really great! I'm hungry ALL THE TIME and my breasts are still pretty sore, but I really can't complain. I do have a bit of a belly on me already. Much of this is due to the fact that I'm still doing progesterone injections (we should be done with those soon), but part of it is probably the fact I'm carrying 3 babies in there too. A girl at work, who doesn't know we were trying, actually had the nerve to ask me if I was pregnant a few days ago. Ah, what?! I was shocked, but managed to be a good liar (which I felt bad about). I'm not ready for everyone at work to know yet.

We did have something scary happen on Thursday night. I woke up at 12:30am and was bleeding and cramping. It was short lived, but we called our doctor anyway. Obviously, since we experienced a miscarriage, it was pretty frightening for us! Our doctor told me to rest and that the bleeding could be from a variety of things, so not to stress (easier said than done). I had convinced myself that we needed to have an ultrasound Friday, however, in talking to our nurse Friday morning, she said it could be one of two things. She said the bleeding is either from miscarrying one of the triplets, or from leftover blood in my uterus. I haven't had a regular period since September, and she said it's common to have blood in the uterus and even bleed a little bit in the first trimester. After talking to her, we decided to wait for our ultrasound tomorrow. Whatever is happening will happen regardless of if we got an earlier ultrasound. For now, we are just staying calm and knowing we will have more answers tomorrow morning. Since Thursday I have talked to several women who said the same thing happened to them, so that makes me feel a little bit better.

My dear friend, Jen, had an extra book about pregnancy with multiples and she gave it to me. It's very uncommon to find books specifically targeted at twin or triplet pregnancies. So far, it's been very informative. As I continue to read, I may share some of my bits of wisdom with you all.

I will update tomorrow, maybe with some ultrasound pictures.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm excited to hear about today's appointment!

Domrese Family Blog said...

I bled for a few days with the girls. The scariest thing I've ever been through. My HCG took a nosedive and didn't double after that. We were convinced that I was miscarrying one of them if not both of them. Turns out it was just random spotting. Good luck! What book did Jenn give you? I have one for you too!!!! :)

Nicole said...

I love that I have friends have been through this multiples thing...makes me feel so much better. "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy"