Sunday, November 29, 2009

Processing...

We have been spending the last two days processing the information we were given on Friday. It's hard to believe that we could be parents to THREE babies in a few short months. Wow! We still aren't exactly sure how to feel. I think my biggest concern is my health and the babies. I know with triplet pregnancies, there can be many complications leading to months in the NICU for the babies and lots of bed rest for mom. We have laughed a few times at the idea of going anywhere with 3 babies. In case you've forgotten, there are only 2 of us. :)

We've decided our mantra for now is 'one day at a time'. It's so early in the pregnancy and so hard to know what may or may not happen, that it's easier to just think about one day at a time.

We found out our doctor will be out next week, so our next appointment will be the following Monday, December 7. It will be hard to wait that long to see what's going on inside me, but the babies will be that much bigger and thus, it will be a more interesting ultrasound. We are being realistic about the fact that this pregnancy may end up being twins instead of triplets, but like I said...one day at a time.

For now, our due date is July 27 and I'm 5 weeks 4 days pregnant today.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Obviously, someone prayed pretty hard for us!! haha ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! 3 babies is so exciting. I can't wait to hear about your journey and couldn't be happier for the both of you :-)