Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 1 Embryos

Our embryos are doing well....of the 14 eggs retrieved, 11 were mature. Of those 11, 9 fertilized. So we have 9 embyros on day 1!! :) They will call with another update on day 3 (Saturday). Until then, we hope and pray that several of those make it to day 5 (potential transfer day). It sounds like we're going to have some tough decisions to make as far as whether we will freeze the leftover embryos this time. We have 3 frozen already from our previous rounds and we are pretty darn sure we won't be doing IVF again...soooo. But then again, they are a lot of work to produce so we'd hate to let them perish. It costs $500 every time we freeze them, plus more money after 1 year. Hmmm...I guess we will wait until our transfer day and seek the advice of our RE.

2 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Hooray!!! What great numbers!I've been checking all morning long! :) I know it's expensive, but I would definitely give yourself some time to make decisions. As in, after the pregnancy. You just never know how you're going to feel. We found a fantastic family that we've never met (but know through a friend) that will be adopting our frozen embryos. It was a tough decision, but I'm happy they will be given the chance in someone else's uterus as mine is done having children. :) Good luck to you!

Kelly said...

Wow--what wonderful numbers!