Monday, November 2, 2009

It's a hit!

Our retrieval is scheduled for Wednesday, so tonight is our trigger shot night. Craig will give me an injection in my butt/hip area tonight at exactly 10pm to trigger ovulation, hence making retrieval of the eggs easier. The retrieval will be done 34-38 hours later. It's one of the big days in the life of an IVFer.

During my ultrasound today, my doctor said, "It's a hit". I asked him what he meant and he said it means my eggs are ready for ovulation. Hmmm...interesting terminology. All of my smaller eggs look to have caught up and are now a good size. Yay! Thank you all for your prayers...apparently they worked.

With our trigger shot being tonight, I have an appointment again tomorrow morning. Then of course, we will be going in again on Wednesday for the retrieval. That will make SIX days in a row I've had appointments! Whew!

I will find out tomorrow what time the retrieval is, and will post to let you all know.

1 comment:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Hooray for retrieval day! I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to hear all the details!