Our transfer went smoothly. We arrive 30 minutes early, me with a full bladder and they took us right back to our room. I asked to go to the bathroom just a little bit and they actually let me. I guess they don't doubt a veteran when she says she has too much in her. :-) Our RE came in shortly after to show us the pictures of our embryos and talk to us about how many to transfer. It didn't take us long to conclude that we should transfer 3 this time so we will have no regrets if this round doesn't work and also to give us the best chance at success. I'm sure some of you might be concerned about 3 embryos being put back, but keep in mind that at our RE's office the chance of high order multiples (triplets or more) is 2%. Each embryo is graded and the 3 we transfered back were 1 excellent and 2 very good quality.
We still have 5 others (I know...8 embryos total) wow! that we will decide on tomorrow. Our RE listened to and understood our concerns about freezing too many. A nurse will call tomorrow with a run down of the quality of the ones we have frozen compared to the quality of these ones and we will decide what to do.
Our 1st pregnancy test (also called a beta) is next Wednesday, November 18.
I'm home resting with my feet up in hopes that the embryos will feel nice and cozy in their new home.
I will try to write more tomorrow about what we decide on the remaining 5.
2 comments:
So happy for you! Sounds like things are on the right track! Hooray! Don't feel pressured to make a decision. We've kept ours frozen for nearly 4 years now and are just making decisions. Yes, it costs more, but I have a definite peace of mind knowing that I'm doing this rationally and not emotionally. You are at an all time high hormonally. Good luck! I can't wait for the 18th!
One excellent and two very goods?? Wonderful! I'm glad the transfer is behind you, and now you get to rest a bit.
Post a Comment