Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Two Babies!! *updated pictures*







We are still breathing a sigh of relief, or maybe more than one sigh. Our appointment yesterday went well except for having to say goodbye to the wonderful staff who have been helping us realize our dream of parenthood. Our nurse was especially hard for me to say goodbye to. She has been there for me every step of the way and even made a special phone call (from home) a few weeks after our miscarriage to find out how we were doing. She is an above and beyond nurse and a wonderful person!

My belly is expanding and I have officially started wearing maternity pants. I bought myself two pairs and so far I'm really loving how comfortable they are. However, I don't really feel pregnant yet...just a little overweight. :-)

Our twins are doing so well!! Yesterday we got to see one of them move around and hear both their little heartbeats. So neat! Here are their stats:
Baby A is measuring at 8 weeks 2 days (I was 8 weeks 5 days yesterday) and his/her heartbeat was 172.

Baby B is measuring at 8 weeks 3 days and his/her heartbeat is 176.

We were able to get a good profile picture of baby B although the pictures we were given don't show as much detail as we could see on the screen. We could clearly see the nose of baby B! Baby A's picture is pretty blurry, but don't worry...he/she is just as cute as baby B.
Above are pictures of baby B, one of them together, then baby A. In the one of them together, baby B is on the left and baby A is on the right.
We have our first OB appointment in two weeks...January 6. Stay tuned.













6 comments:

Karri said...

My Christmas is complete! Thank you God, x 2+ 1!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Yay! Love the pics - your babies are beautiful and I can't wait to hear how your first appointment as a regular prego goes :-)

kdztucker said...

oh my gosh! They're sooo amazing! I just totally teared up over here :). I'm so, so, so happy for you guys! Thanks so much for sharing your joy--Katie

kdztucker said...

p.s. those are some strong heartbeats! Holy cow, Liam's was only around 155 the whole time :).

Domrese Family Blog said...

Love it! Congrats! I do hate saying good-bye to the staff. It's so hard being normal! Love the pictures. The heartbeats are fast! I predict 2 girls (just for the record). :)

Kelly said...

Awwww, maybe it's just a proud "auntie" talking, but they're just so dang cute! So glad you're all doing well--what a wonderful Christmas gift to you both...