Monday, March 1, 2010

We're having......


a GIRL and a BOY!!! We feel so lucky to be able to experience raising one of each. Congratulations to those of you who voted for one of each. The 7 year old boy with Down Syndrome at school was 100% correct, as he predicted baby A to be a girl and baby B to be a boy. He was quite proud of himself when I told him today.

Our ultrasound was very interesting as the ultrasound tech looked at each of the babies hearts, kidneys, spines, brains, etc. She assured us that both of the babies look very healthy and are developing perfectly! They are each about 8 oz and 7-8 inches long (although she didn't measure this). Now that they are bigger, all the measuring is done with the head circumference, the femur length and abdomen size. They are both measuring at about 18weeks 5 days. Our girl (Apple) was quite a mover and shaker. She was very active during the whole ultrasound! She also put her hand up when the tech was trying to get a 3D image of her (kind of a "talk to the hand" moment). Our boy (Cherry) was more calm, although still moving quite a bit. During his time in the lime light, his sister decided she should put her back end in his face. So funny, but poor guy! The first video below is our boy with his sister's bottom in his face. The second is of our little girl. You can clearly see her arm and toes. Cute.

I still have hives, although they look a lot better. I've started taking Benedryl for itching...and sometimes they itch REALLY badly! The Benedryl seems to help control it. Other than the hives, I still feel great! My belly is getting firmer and I continue to gain a good amount of weight. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, so I will update with anything interesting (if there is anything).

2 comments:

Kym said...

So exciting...Congrats. Love you!

Jennifer said...

Yay! I guessed right. I'm so thrilled for you guys. And I love the videos - especially little Apple putting her tushie in Cherry's face - too cute/
Congrats!