Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm a Planner

You all know me, so you understand how much I enjoy organizing and planning things. This is especially true with IVF. There are truly so many aspects about the process that I (we) have no control over. I think that's why when I got my calendar on Wednesday I was thrilled! The calendar roughly maps out what our 3rd round will look like and when I have appointments. It looks like we will be beginning injections either the 25th or 26th of October. Our egg retrieval will be November 5 or 6 and our transfer will be November 10 or 11.

This is all great news for a variety of reasons. Our nurse gave us the 1st available day to start the injections, which means I won't have to take the birth control for very long (it upsets my stomach). As a reminder, the birth control is used to "quiet my ovaries" before they are stimulated with meds in the next phase of the process. These dates also mean we should know whether I'm pregnant before Thanksgiving. We are planning a family Thanksgiving, so either way it will be nice to have support from my family members.

I also have an appointment on October 16 for a hysteroscope to make sure everything looks ok after my D & C.

2 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray! So exciting! I loved getting the calendar and mapping out all my days to follow. Good luck! I'll be watching for posts!

Kelly said...

I can't believe how soon this round is coming up! That's nice that you can now kinda plan out your holiday season, and know what you'll be doing any given week (or day, even). Yea!!!