We were blessed with two beautiful babies on June 20, 2010. We hope to capture some of the exciting, fun, and funny things we get up to as a family of four.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Leftover Embies
We were told on transfer day that we would get a call yesterday to let us know how our 5 leftover embies were doing and we could then make the decision whether or not to freeze. The biggest reason we weren't going to is if the quality of these embryos wasn't as good as the ones we already have frozen. Soooooo last night at 5:00, we still hadn't heard from the office so I called our nurse and got her voicemail. I left her a message to please call me in the morning to let me know what was going on with our embryos. She happened to be working late last night so she called and apologized that no one called us. She hadn't been told to call us or that we were considering not freezing this time. She also told me that we had 4 very good quality blastocysts (well developed embryos) that had been cryopreserved. At first I thought, um....you didn't even ask us? And then I thought, I'm so glad they decided so we didn't have to. And then I thought, I wish they would pay the bill. ;-) Truthfully though, we are so pleased that we had 4 to freeze, and 4 blastocysts at that. That means that 6 days after retrieval we had a total of 7 good embryos (the 3 they transfered and 4 others) out of 14. Those are incredible numbers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That IS incredible!
Yay for having a hard decision made for you :-) And congrats on all the good embies!
Post a Comment